Wednesday, December 14, 2011

CARPET HELL

I'm living in carpet hell! I live in an apartment I LOVE! I have TONS o' space, a fairly spacious, personal backyard for the pups, bottom floor, live on a corner, blah blah... but it has CARPET. I've done steam cleaning every 6 months. Until recently, that was keeping me happy. For whatever reason the carpet has been susceptible to DIRTY, DIRTY DIRT! I can smell Milton and Andrew when I walk in the apartment. It's the carpet, damnit! If I lie down (this is so very rare) onto my floor, I can smell dander. The boyfriend's "studio area" smells of boy and dog. I'm anal about a candle being lit in his stink-quarters. Living in Houston, I swear I can feel humidity on the carpet, which I swear exacerbates the boy/dog stink.

I vacuumed when I had Bryce return my nephew to my sister. Even though a freshly vacuumed floor alleviates my carpet anxieties, I still can't get over little marks here and there on the carpet that are too stubborn for Resolve.

Sometime after the New Year I'll be getting the carpet professionally steam cleaned. I hope this helps. Bryce and I cannot afford to buy our own place, so we're stuck renting. We've discussed looking for somewhere with hardwood floors, but we're afraid we'll miss our space and backyard. Boo. I asked the leasing office if we could get hardwood, they said as long as we paid for it... bah.

I SHOULD JUST GET PREGNANT SO MY PARENTS WILL HOUSE ME IN A TOWNHOUSE!

xox,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment