Monday, November 7, 2011

The Aqua Net Diaries by Jennifer Niven review

After taking over a month to read Wicked (loved!), I opted for my next book to be a quick fun read. And ta-da! I chose correctly! I finished in 5 days.

The Aqua Net Diaries was a very cute memoir where author, Jennifer Niven McJunkin, recalled her high school days. It was very, very 80's-heavy! I'd say those who went to high school during then would feel great nostalgia and relateability. I was in high school 20-ish years later, but still found the general idea relatable.

Jennifer was kind of an outcast, but well-liked. Incredibly outgoing, creative, boy-crazy and wanted to get the hell out of small town Richmond, OH. And her sidekick was Joey, token gay best friend. Definitely related to that one. ;)

The book goes through stories of first love, extracurricular activities, partying, fake ID's, parents separating and her first heartbreak.

It wasn't the best book I read, but a light and fun bubblebath read. I'd recommend it to people if they see it for sale. Like I did at Borders (sad moment of silence………) for under $3.


Next book: Loose Girl by Kerry Cohen! I expect this to be another fast read, but a but darker. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment