Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Health Journey (Once upon a time...)

I've probably sufficiently annoyed Facebookers with all my gym check-ins and talk about working out. Oh, but I'm not finished! Ha.

A month ago, I suckered myself into trying the Blue Print Cleanse and figured, "EFF IT! You started, you're going to continue...!" Continue with looking out for my health. I signed up for a membership at a fitness club in literal walking distance and began working out that very afternoon.

I got my free 1-hour personal training session... HOW DEPRESSING! We did a weigh-in, measurements, including FAT measurements. I died. Seriously. I'm still carrying that dead Monica inside me. I will get rid of that ho. We talked about my terrible eating habits (two big not-so-nutritious meals toward the end of the day + nighttime dessert with B) and what I should be doing. The trainer kicked my ass.

I decided to ask my parents to early birthday gift me a package of ten sessions with Nicole, my personal trainer. Sweet. I really didn't want to fork over the $750.

She set up a general workout regimen for me when I'm not working out with her. She's got me consuming a lot more protein throughout the day and loading me up with water. I feel great. I've only very recently started craving pizza, ha. At the moment I'm seeing her Monday and Wednesday. She kicks my ass so badly I wobble home. Every two weeks we weigh. Every four weeks we do all weighing and measuring. I have lost a total of 5lbs in FAT (+gained lean muscle) in this first month.

I'm kind of proud. I'm mostly very disappointed, haha. I know I'm consuming more, but creating muscle which will effectively burn off the fat "for good" as opposed to near starving myself and losing a lot of weight faster. It's SO tempting to do the latter. But she actually caught that I wasn't consuming as much protein when she did my measurements. I didn't think it'd matter, but I felt like a dumbass when I was caught, haha.

Another HUGE disappointment is throughout this month I've truly gotten to see how terribly out of shape I've gotten in these past few years. Nicole has me run up and down two flights of stairs three times, mixed with some freaking jumping jacks and I'm already wishing our hour was up! DYING. I freaking hate our routines with those damn stairs, haha. As well as the Jacobs Ladder. I'm on there for 3 minutes and I'm sweating. My ankles kill. My calves kill. My spirit deadens. Haha.

I think of how a little over a year ago I was getting back into working out because at that moment I was the most out of shape I had been (HAAA). I quit my job and for the past year I've just been gaining weight like a hungry madman (a tiny fuc...thank you to birthcontrol). I quickly gained that 15-20lbs back and why the hell not gain some more, Monica. Not to mention like 6 years ago when I was obsessed with working out and dropped 40lbs but my boobs went up a cup. Haha. Oh to be young... Now I'm working my ass of like crazy to do it healthily and kick my 18-20 year old self for falling off the wagon. I swear it sneaks up on you!

I did this to me. I'm undoing this to me.

xox,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment