Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Turkey Burgers with Zucchini



Got this recipe from skinnytaste.com for turkey burgers with grated zucchini incorporated as a replacement for eggs AND adding some more veggies into your diet.

The recipe calls for:
1.25lbs 93% lean ground turkey
1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 small grated zucchini
1 Tbsp grated red onion
1 clove grated garlic
salt
pepper
spray oil


This makes five patties. I wanted to double the recipe so I had enough for the week if Bryce wanted some or if I wanted to have one for dinner in addition to having one for lunch. I couldn't find whole wheat bread crumbs, so I settled on brown rice bread crumbs which had only 40kcals versus 100kcals PLUS.  Works for me!



Skinnytaste claims that this patty alone has 156kcals, 6.8g of fat, 18.6g of protein, 5.5g of carbohydrates. *MY* calculations were a bit different, considering the servings size of Jennie O 93/7 Turkey is 170kcals... it just didn't add up right. But, whatever! So my calories ended up coming slightly under 200kcals and with 22g of protein.

Next time I think I'll be adding in more garlic for an extra bit of flavor. But these are pretty delicious! The zucchini helps keep these patties incredibly moist. I'm a fan! I've had a patty for yesterday's lunch, dinner and today's lunch. So far not sick of them. I'm also going to try a spinach version too.

Enjoy!

Xx,
M

2 comments:

  1. 90% of losing weight comes from the diet, and stuff like this definitely shows you're in the right direction. After that, you don't really need the 30-Day program for this or for that. Regular all-body workouts are just what the doctor ordered to get you losing weight at your body's most comfortable yet peak pace...

    Everyone is different, I know... But this seems to be the general consensus.

    Now you'll have to excuse me... I have a turkey burger I need to buy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the comment, Roger! (even though I am just reading this 2 months later... haha) What you say is COMPLETELY true! Diet is the biggest part of achieving that healthy body we all want... I've definitely been through so many fad programs, but of course never stuck to them. The only thing that shed off the pounds was cleaner diet and consistent gym time. No magic tricks.

      I wish I could say I kept off the 45lbs I lost as of this post back in March... but I got pregnant since then! Ha... irony! Can't wait to be back in the "swing of things" when it comes to *MY* health.

      Again, thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete