Monday, April 23, 2012

Blue Print Cleanse

I tried what the call "the cleanse for foodies" after my good (and very tiny) friend, Andrea, mentioned her experience. She lost 5 lbs and said it wasn't too bad. Of course, I think "shit I have way more to lose!" and the packaging is adorable. Yes, I'm a big S-U-C-K-E-R! To be fair, she said it wasn't like the holy experience that many reviewers tend to claim, just that it was relatively easy and she lost some weight.

There are three different levels of the cleanse Renovation (beginners), Foundation (intermediate), and Excavation (advanced). You can do as many days as you like, I went with the most they allow you to buy at once, three days. Renovation! Three days plus $10 shipping cost me $225!!!! Boo.

My biggest concerns:
-How the hell am I going to stomach cashew milk? I vehemently HATE white drinks, especially MILK drinks. 
-Will I be dying of hunger?

First concern, Blue Print Cleanse does have an option of claiming to be allergic to nuts. At first I hopped on that, but right before I was going to submit my credit card information I decided that I was just going to do what they really recommend. For those who really are allergic, or can't stomach white drinks (ha), they will send you two #4's.

Second concern, I truly was not hungry AT ALL. But my cravings were insane. I wanted pizza. I wanted oysters. I wanted sushi. I wanted steak. I wanted ramen. I wanted oranges. I wanted pickles. I wanted SOLIDS! Just the very fact that I knew I couldn't eat food made me want it so badly. 

My cooler box arrived Friday morning, but since I had a lunch date with my friend Jessica, I decided to start Saturday. Well, being as I'm off Sunday and Monday, I wish I would have just juice'd it up at lunch with Jess. Oh well. Haha.
Juices:
1&3) Green: romaine lettuce, celery, cucumber, apple, spinach, kale, parsley and lemon. This juice was my least favorite. It wasn't terrible. It tasted like tangy cucumber. I wish that they wouldn't put the apple in this one, I'd have liked it a lot better. The tangy taste was slightly off-putting.
2) P.A.M.(gold): pineapple, apple, and mint. YUMMY! This juice tasted like minty pineapple juice. I love pineapple juice. I could see myself grabbing this drink at Whole Foods just for the delicious taste.
4) Spicy Lemonade (yellow): water, lemon, agave nectar, and cayenne. YUMMY! x's 10! Had I known I'd love this juice so much, I would have just taken a gander at the Master Cleanse where it's nothing but this! (btw my friend Jessica did this for 40 days... she's a badass!)
5) C.A.B. (red): carrot, apple, beet, lemon, ginger. This one was OK. I liked the ginger in it, but all in all I was indifferent toward this juice.
6) Cashew Milk (white): cashew, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and agave. Dun, dun, DUN! I actually LOVED it! I think the fact that there was a slight gritty consistency (and I drank it in the dark...) really helped! It was really delicious. I imagine all sweet-tooth folks would like this one the best.


Day 1: Easy. Though, I did have a killer headache all day. I started around 12pm and it took about an hour to drink them since they were 16oz and I wasn't particularly hungry. I did crave food like I've mentioned.

Day 2: Didn't wake up hungry at all. Killer headache second half of the day. Didn't drink the cashew milk since I was tired and had 5 and 6 left, so I chugged #5 and was too full, so gave Bryce the cashew milk.

Day 3: OVER THE JUICE. No headache or anything. Before going to the gym I told Bryce I didn't want my juices anymore so he drank #5 and #6! Ha. Thanks...

Anyway, I honestly wouldn't recommend. Won't repurchase. It was a nice waste of money. Haha. I lost 5lbs, but after doing research I wish I would have done the Master Cleanse because that was so yummy!

No thanks to cleanse!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment