Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gradient Nails


Tonight was my first attempt at doing a gradient style nail polish look. From more of a distance the effect looks really cool. It looks really messy upclose. Maybe I just need more practice. Well, obviously that.

I started with 2 coats of OPI's Nail Envy for a base coat. Then I used Lippmann Collection in Sarah Smile as my base color. 2 coats. With a beauty wedge sponge I dabbed the bottom 3/4ths of my nails with Chanel's Orange Fizz, which in person is a salmon rather than straight orange. I then sponged on OPI's OPI On Collins Ave on the bottom half of my nail. Then I went and took that same color and painted my tips with the normal brush applicator. I finished it off with Seche Vite Top Coat.

I'm liking this effect! I think I'll try another look using dark colors some time. It felt time-consuming, but only because my lippmann color seemed to take an hour or more to dry!!!

This is my first time using Seche Vite. I loooove it! Super glossy and dries quickly!

Went shopping today. Got some stuff from Bath and Body Works. Japanese Cherry Blossom candle. Lavender vanilla candle. Lavendar vanilla pillow mist. And some free spray. Went to MAC and got two items from the Quite Cute collection: In Synch lip pencil which is a baby pink. Naked Liner lip pencil which is a super light nude. I also got Budding Beauty lipgelee from the Fashion Flower collection. It's a pretty coral pink with pink and gold micro glitters. I also got three lipsticks: Viva La Glam GaGa 2, Plaid Pink and Mlle from the Fashion Flower collection. They're all three fairly light colors. GaGa 2 is a slightly brownish nude that I'm going to pair with lighter lip liners and/or glosses to mute the brown tone. Plaid Pink is a matte and muted barbie pink which I'm really loving! It feels really nice on the lips. And Mlle is a pretty baby pink nude that I'm pretty excited to try!

Bryce and I started painting our bedroom--- FINALLY! But it looks like we'll need another gallon of paint. Cannot wait until that is complete. :)

2 comments:

  1. wow your nails look amazing! love the gradient effect :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait to try different colors.

    ReplyDelete