Thursday, March 3, 2011

First day of work (yesterday)

Yesterday was my first day at the new salon. I loved it! Everyone seems really nice. I came across familiar faces, which was nice. They seemed very happy to see me, so it felt good. I am pretty amazed at the differences from the other salon:
-Focus wasn't on menial things like the breakroom needed to be spotless (when other things need to be done)
-No owner running around like a chicken with his head cut off and trying to make everyone do "busy-work"
-The entire staff was very personable and sweet with product reps.
-No bitchiness
-I can wear heels because I don't have to stand at the front desk for 8+hours

There are more, but I'm pressed for time. I'm liking the fact that it seems the entire female staff loves Anthropologie, which reminds me of an old co-worker who I think would fit in SO perfectly at this salon and love it, but I know big changes like that wouldn't be easy. This salon uses macs, which I'm a PC gal! :( But I guess I'll have to get used to its backwardness, haha.

Okay, need to throw on my heels!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Switching isn't as difficult as you might think! Although, it's taking me like five months to get the hang of this mouse trackpad on the laptop. D=

    ReplyDelete